Over time, technology has evolved unimaginably. Along with this, the development of mobile apps, which are present in areas such as health, entertainment, work, etc., have done so to the extent of becoming part of the daily lives of people and companies.
Consequently, the use of mobile applications within businesses is essential if you want your business to really grow. Although app development is not easy, there are API integration tools that make it easy to create.
But what is an API? And how exactly does it help the scalability of the company?
What is an API?
Its acronyms come from English Application Programming Interface (API); in Spanish, application programming interface.
It is an interface that allows interaction with different applications or services, as well as with the device's hardware.
What does an API allow to do?
An API is intended to be an intermediary for an interface, which sends data, either from another mobile application or from a hardware component. All this in order to do the easier work for programmers. Due to this, the common thing is that it translates into a saving of time and cost optimization in technology.
Why are they necessary for a business to evolve?
The popularity of mobile apps it has been on the rise every year, mainly to help people make their lives simpler.
In fact, in 2020 there was a 7% growth of app downloads compared to 2019, an increase never before seen from year to year; this, in addition to the 20% of increase in spending on apps, in the same period.
Due to the level of demand and the clear trend that the downloading of apps is marking and its consequent spending by consumers, companies have recognized in them a necessary flank for the business. An API service thus represents a competitive advantage when developing business applications.
What can be integrated into an API?
There are many uses that we can rescue from an API integration in the business app. There are different needs, and based on them, APIs can be added. The limit is your imagination. Here are some examples:
- Online payment APIs: Payment methods such as Paypal, PayU, Stripe, Mercado Pago, Conekta, etc. can be integrated into an online store.
- Geolocation APIs: This tool provides location information for the application in question. For example, put the location of the business with Google Maps.
- Business APIs: You can make a graphical analysis of the inventory, or make orders that customers place orders without having to go through a natural person as an intermediary.
- Artificial Intelligence APIs: It is possible to generate reports and market summaries, through data, achieving even segmenting the public with a greater purchase opportunity, presenting them with more relevant advertising.
- Messaging APIs: Communication channels such as SMS, emails, etc., can be used for marketing, or to give mass communications to employees and / or clients.
Finally, it can be concluded that having an API service will bring great benefits for your company, both for internal and external tasks. In addition, innovating with this type of technology will put you one step ahead of the competition.
At Codster we will be happy to help you and advise you for a correct integration of APIs for your business app, enhancing it and contributing to the digital transformation of your processes.