With AWS Lambda, you can take advantage of the serverless technology that Amazon offers to run functions without having or managing your own server. You simply upload the code to the cloud and pay exclusively for what you use.
But what types of programming language does this technology support? This is something you should know beforehand to make sure Lambda is the solution you need.
Types of programming language
In the world there are around 700 programming languagesIt's just that some are outdated and some have such specific features that you probably won't ever need them.
The truth is that software developers tend to focus on a narrow list of languages, which can expand as a company needs more complex applications.
- Python: It also uses a multi-paradigm approach and is a high-level, general-purpose language. Also, it is important to mention that it supports modules and packages, which encourages the modularity of the program and the reuse of the code.
- Java: This is a semi-compiled, object-oriented and portable language, being popular mainly due to its availability on various platforms.
- Ruby: General-purpose programming language commonly used for web page and application development.
- HTML: Known as "Hypertext Markup Language", for its acronym in English. It is used especially to tell the browser how to display text and images on a web page.
- CSS: This language is used to stylize the HTML elements and offer a better design.
What languages does AWS Lambda support?
However, AWS Lambda it is natively compatible exclusively with Java, Go, PowerShell, Node.js, C#, Python, and Ruby code. For example: Go is a programming language created by Google that works in a similar way to Python.
However, you can take advantage of the Lambda Runtime API to use any other programming language to create your functions.
Now, among so many programming languages supported by AWS Lambda, which one is the best? That depends on your company and the type of result you are looking for. For example, although Python on AWS Lambda is useful for many things, it stands out especially in technologies such as Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Data Analytics.
If you want to know more about languages supported by AWS Lambda or you need support to implement AWS serverless technology in your company, an Amazon Consulting Partner like Codster can help you make an informed decision.