How does vulnerability scanning work with Veracode? Understanding this question is strongly linked to the security compliance in development that your company needs. Veracode offers a number of important tools to detect and prevent vulnerabilities in source code. Thanks to this, you will be able to launch applications and products that can comply with the necessary security regulations.
However, you will need a team willing to support you to resolve your doubts, because use Veracode's vulnerability analysis tools. a partner of Veracode as Codster can help you implement the necessary changes through tools and resources to satisfy the security and needs of your company and your clients.
What are the main steps of a Veracode vulnerability scan?
Veracode Vulnerability Scanner is an application security analysis tool that uses static and dynamic analysis techniques to identify vulnerabilities in application code. The code identification and analysis process carried out can be divided into the following stages:
- Preparation– At this stage, you configure the Veracode vulnerability scan on your platform, select the type of scan to perform, and upload the source code or binary files of the application to be scanned.
- Static Source Code Analysis (SAST): Veracode SAST is a powerful tool that focuses on analyzing application source code to detect vulnerabilities and security weaknesses that could be exploited by attackers. The tool uses advanced software analysis techniques to identify issues such as configuration vulnerabilities, coding issues, and design weaknesses in the application source code.
- Dynamic Application Analysis (DAST): Veracode DAST focuses on analyzing the application at runtime to identify potential vulnerabilities and security weaknesses that could be exploited by attackers. It simulates attacks that could be carried out against the application and provides detailed information about the identified vulnerabilities and weaknesses. This allows the customer to have a clear and detailed view of the security of their application and take action to remedy any problems found.
- Software Composition Analysis (SCA): This is a very valuable tool for Veracode vulnerability scanning that focuses on analyzing the third-party libraries and dependencies used in the application, to detect possible vulnerabilities and known security weaknesses. It uses a database of known vulnerabilities to identify any possible risks and provides detailed information on the vulnerabilities found and how they can be fixed.
- Integration and automation tools: Veracode has several tools and features that can help make application security analysis easier to perform and more integrated into the development process. These tools include integrations with other programming tools, such as IDEs and version control tools, and can also work with continuous integration and continuous delivery tools.
- Reports and dashboards: Veracode highly detailed security reports and dashboards to understand and fix identified application vulnerabilities. In them, details such as its severity and recommendations for effective solutions are portrayed. This allows teams to work more effectively to remedy any security issues in their applications and improve the overall security of their system.
One of the best things about using Veracode for vulnerability scanning is that it offers a wide variety of tools and features that can be of great help in ensuring the security of your applications. All of this can go a long way in ensuring that your applications are secure at all stages of the software lifecycle. In short, Veracode offers a complete solution to keep your applications secure at all times.
Advantages and benefits of performing a Veracode vulnerability scan
Doing a Veracode vulnerability scan can be very beneficial for companies and organizations that develop and maintain applications. By analyzing code before, during and after development, it is possible to anticipate potential cyberattacks at various key moments. Here are some of the main benefits of using Veracode for vulnerability scanning:
- Identification of vulnerabilities and risk reduction: Early identification and remediation of vulnerabilities can reduce the risk of applications being attacked, which can protect a company's reputation and avoid potential penalties and fines.
- Time and cost savings: Veracode vulnerability scanning can save time and cost compared to manual security testing processes. This allows developers to focus on building high-quality applications without compromising security and meeting delivery deadlines.
- Compliance with rules and regulations: Veracode generates detailed reports on found vulnerabilities, which can help companies comply with application security regulations and standards.
- Integration with development tools and specialized technical support: With Veracode, developers can easily integrate application security analysis into their development processes. In addition, Veracode offers specialized technical support to help developers understand and fix vulnerabilities found in their source code.
The main benefits of performing a vulnerability scan with Veracode include static source code analysis, dynamic application analysis, software composition analysis, mobile software analysis, integration and automation tools, and reports and dashboards, you can request a consultancy with Codster to solve your doubts about it.