A vulnerability analysis with Veracode consists of defining, identifying, classifying and prioritizing the weaknesses of the applications, in this way, to be able to react appropriately. With VERACODE you will be able to manage the risks during, before and after the development of internal, web or mobile applications of your business, managing to verify that the code complies with the necessary security regulations.
This can bring direct benefits to your company such as complying with internal security protocols, as well as others such as the raised by the United Nations Organization. Still, it can be a slow and complex process, so it is recommended to work with a partner to perform a vulnerability scan with Veracode, an intermediary that facilitates this service, and Codster can help you implement it.
A Veracode partner has access to a number of tools and resources that allow them to integrate and customize Veracode services to meet the specific needs of their customers. This may include the ability to customize reports, set custom security policies, and receive specialized technical support.
For companies using application security analysis services, working with a Veracode partner can offer a number of benefits. For example, they can get customized application security analysis services tailored to their specific needs, as well as access to the Veracode platform through a trusted provider.
Steps of a vulnerability analysis with Veracode
As we mentioned, performing a Veracode vulnerability scan can be key to application development and the security of your company as well as your customers. However, first you have to understand what it is and what this company is for.
Veracode is an application security analysis platform that provides a series of tools to detect and analyze vulnerabilities in the source code of applications. To perform a vulnerability scan with Veracode, you can follow these steps:
- Set up a scan: Access the Veracode platform and set up a scan of the application you want to analyze. You can upload the source code of the application or provide the URL of the application.
- Start analysis: Once the scan has been set up, start the scan. Veracode will scan the application's source code for security vulnerabilities.
- Review the results: Once the scan is complete, review the scan results. Veracode will provide a detailed report of the vulnerabilities found in the application's source code.
- Prioritize vulnerabilities: Use the scan results to prioritize vulnerabilities based on their impact and likelihood of exploitation.
- Take corrective measures: Once you've prioritized the vulnerabilities, take corrective action to remedy them. Veracode will provide information on how to remedy each vulnerability found.
- Scan again: After taking corrective action, rescan the application to ensure that the vulnerabilities have been correctly fixed.
It's important to note that vulnerability scanning with Veracode is only one part of a broader approach to application security. In addition to using tools like Veracode, additional security measures such as penetration testing and manual code reviews must be implemented to ensure applications are secure and protected from potential attacks.
Benefits of performing a vulnerability scan with Veracode
A risk and vulnerability analysis with Veracode offers substantial benefits as we have already mentioned. These range from the identification, visualization of problems and possible recommendations:
- Identify critical assets: First, Veracode makes it possible to recognize critical assets that need to be protected. This could include confidential information, technology systems, buildings, and other physical resources.
- Identify potential threats: But, not only that, some of the Veracode vulnerability scans might recognize and report future cyber threats such as hacker attacks, and possible insider threats.
- Assess the potential impact: Evaluate the potential impact of each threat on each critical asset. How bad would the damage be if a vulnerability were exploited? Part of the experience with Veracode is to assess how much risk there will be if no action is taken
- Calculate the risk: Calculate the risk for each threat and critical asset. Risk is calculated by multiplying the probability of a threat occurring by the potential impact of that threat, this type of information could be included in a report.
- Prioritize risks: Thanks to the information provided by the vulnerability analysis with Veracode, you could decide what decisions to take to protect the security of your applications.
- Develop a risk mitigation plan: With this information, you will be able to generate a risk mitigation plan to address the most critical risks. This could include implementing physical or cyber security measures, creating policies and procedures, and training staff.
- Monitor and update: Monitor the risk mitigation plan and update it regularly to ensure it stays current and effective.
Cybersecurity measures in web applications are important to protect sensitive data, prevent cyber attacks, maintain application integrity, and comply with regulatory regulations. By using these tools together, you can achieve broader security coverage, identify vulnerabilities early, save time and resources, and improve code quality, you can request a consultancy with Codster to solve your doubts about it.