Listen to the content with our voice assistant
Driven primarily by the new needs brought about by the COVID-19 pandemic, an 87% of organizations in Mexico accelerated their digital transformation. Under this framework, many of the decision makers have been realizing the importance not only of implementing digital tools, but above all that they have the latest technologies. AWS Lambda, for example, it allows modernizing applications through its serverless technology. Butwhat is lambda? And what are these "serverless" solutions?
What is Lambda and what does it have to do with app development?First things first: AWS is the acronym for Amazon Web Services, while Lambda, for its part, is one of the many solutions that AWS offers. That said, AWS Lambda consists of a serverless computing platform which is event driven and allows code to be run without having to manage servers. Thus, by AWS Lambda serverless A whole digital ecosystem can be accessed that facilitates the modernization of applications, allowing development teams to only worry about the correct execution of the code and the scalability of the apps, without having to waste time on administrative tasks in terms of servers . In addition, by charging only for the code computation time (since Lambda runs the code only when the instruction is given), resources are optimized, allowing surpluses to be focused on the implementation of more modern technologies for apps, such as artificial intelligence, Internet of Things or integration with other services.
Why does AWS help modernize apps and how to achieve it?With this in mind, now it is time to introduce some key concepts that will help to understand how to achieve a better modernization journey in the development of apps, all of which are integrated as technologies that are part of the ecosystem of Amazon AWS Serverless.
- Data analytics: The implementation of the analysis and processing of mass data allows transforming them into useful information to facilitate decision-making.
- Microservices: it refers to the type of architecture of an app's code, and its main objective is to avoid a monolithic structure, promoting “microsystems”, which are easier to manage.
- Serverless: refers to computer services or architectures that do not require servers on premises, in Spanish it is literally translated as "without servers".
- DevOps: from English Development Operations, it is a methodology whose objective is to optimize the ecosystem of technology that allows the development of software from the first stages.
Advantages of modernizing apps with AWS LambdaSome of the benefits of working with this platform for app development are:
- Constant scaling, in accordance with the workload.
- Cost reduction by avoiding the provision of servers and hiring managers to manage them.
- Consistent performance, allowing optimization of code execution time as needed.
- Automation of the company's infrastructure, thanks to cloud technology.