Listen to the content with our voice assistant
Regardless of the size or economic activity of your company, the technology cloud computing (cloud computing) is essential to enhance results in different situations and significantly optimize business processes. In accordance with Hosting Court statisticsBy early 2020, 90% of companies were already using the cloud, and 60% of workloads were running on a cloud service, a trend that has been further enhanced by the COVID-19 pandemic.
What is cloud computing?In general terms, the concept of cloud computing refers to the technology that allows remote access to software and the storage and processing of data through the Internet. The model exempts you from installing applications or programs on your computer or other device. Between the examples of cloud computing, highlight the online software or the services of Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure and Google Apps.
What types of cloud are there?Beyond knowing what is cloud computing, You should be clear that there are three main classes of cloud, whose implementation depends on the specific needs of your business:
- Private Cloud: Scomputer services that are provided via the Internet or a private internal network to a limited number of users and not to the general public. It is hosted locally and offers high levels of security and privacy.
- Public Cloud: Scomputer services offered by external providers for the general public, either free of charge or at a specified price. The maintenance costs are assumed by the company that provides the service.
- Hybrid Cloud: SIt is made up of two or more public and private cloud infrastructures that work as single entities, linked by a standardized technology.
Why is cloud computing so important today?Ensuring access to data from anywhere is the main reason behind the adoption of cloud technologies. This is very important today, because markets are global and dynamic. This possibility also drives other benefits like collaboration and teleworking. In fact, one of the great examples of cloud computing are the remote work tools implemented by companies during the recent COVID-19 pandemic, such as those offered Amazon Web Services. In addition, it offers other advantages:
- Drive digitization. By significantly reducing infrastructure acquisition and maintenance costs, you can redirect your budget toward digital transformation.
- High scalability and elasticity of computational resources.
- Independence between device and location.
- High information security, one of the most important assets of companies.