Amazon Web Services -or Amazon Web Services in Spanish- is a package of more than 200 global products that allows you to migrate to the cloud all the technological infrastructure you need. In this way, it offers an accessible way for you to enjoy the benefits of Cloud Computing for companies.
It is designed to be the most flexible and secure cloud computing environment available today. In fact, is supported by a comprehensive set of cloud security tools, with 230 security, compliance and governance services and features.
AWS it supports 98 security standards and compliance certifications, and the company's 117 services that store customer data offer the ability to encrypt it. You can even take advantage of the latest technologies to experiment and innovate faster.
One of the great milestones that Amazon Web Services had was in 2014, by pioneering the serverless computing industry with the launch of AWS Lambda, which allows developers to run their code without provisioning and managing physical servers. In addition, the infrastructure provided by AWS is scalable, reliable, low cost, and drives hundreds of thousands of businesses from 190 countries around the world. Hence their services Cloud for companies are among the most used to drive digital transformation.
If you are interested in knowing more in detail how you can take advantage of these advantages, always remember to consult an expert team on the subject. Now, how does this technology work and what benefits does it offer for your company? Next, we explain it to you:
What services does Amazon Web Services offer?
The benefits offered by the services of Amazon Web Services are several, the most important of which comes from the cloud migration What it offers, increasing as development has to speed up, faster deployment is needed, and unlimited scaling are the new norm for customers of all industries, sizes, and geographies.
In fact, in the second Gartner evaluationEncompassing both cloud infrastructure and platform services (IaaS and PaaS or “CIPS”), AWS is assessed as a leader and ranks highest on both axes of measurement, ability to execute and completeness of vision . Find out in this report why Gartner positioned AWS as a leader. Learn how to define a leader and delve into the benefits public cloud can bring to your organization.
Amazon Web Services services provide storage, networking, databases, web and mobile application services, security, computing power, messaging, artificial intelligence, identity, and compliance.
Applications for companies
In the package Amazon Web Services Enterprise Cloud, you find important tools such as:
- Alexa for Business: It enables organizations and their collaborators to use Alexa as a smart assistant to increase productivity in meeting rooms and at their desks. Reservations, start of chats and collection of metrics related to the use of the meeting room.
- Amazon ChimeChats: Communication service that allows employees to chat and make business calls both internally and externally to the company. Very useful, now that teleworking is a global trend and Mexico is the second country worldwide in the implementation of remote work (34%), according to Reuters report.
- Amazon Honeycode (Beta): Amazon Web Services platform for developing and updating applications Cloud for companies. Ideal if you have an IT team and a solid digital strategy.
- Amazon WorkDocs: This service allows you to create, edit and share content quickly, easily and securely, with centralized storage in AWS, to facilitate access from any place or device. Very useful for companies that do remote work and collaboration.
- Amazon WorkMail: Secure business email and calendar service. It is compatible with Outlook and makes it easy to manage your business email infrastructure, while eliminating the need to invest in licenses and servers on your physical premises.
AWS Database Migration Service
With this service you can migrate databases to Amazon Web Services quickly and safely, without losing functionality during the process. It is essential when migrate to a public or hybrid cloud, processes and applications with minimal downtime.
It is a computer platform based on events that allow code to be executed without the need to administer servers. This provides the possibility of access the digital ecosystem and modernize applications easily and quickly, worrying only about the correct execution of the code and the scalability of the apps.
DevOps and Development Tools
It allows aligning in the same space the people, technologies and processes of the organization, in order to optimize processes and generate a better product or service.
Bet for Amazon Web Services to manage cloud services, is to do it by the leading supplier in the market worldwide. Competing with the other two cloud computing giants such as Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform, AWS is presented as a complete and comprehensive solution for companies to meet their cloud computing needs.
How to prepare your project Migration to the Cloud with Amazon Web Services
If one or more of these Amazon Web Services services have interested you, it may be time to prepare a consultation to start the migration to the cloud, a complex process that must be approached in a planned way to be able to carry it out successfully, improving the agility and productivity of the business and preventing interference in the day-to-day business of the company during the change. Some steps that may be useful to you are the following:
- Planning. The first phase consists of planning the entire migration process, establishing the objectives to be pursued with the change (speed of processes, cost savings, increased mobility, and similar goals), at this point you can request a consultation to avoid any possible incident.
- Internal analysis of processes and applications. An in-depth study of the way the company does things is needed. You will have to identify the most efficient processes, applications and tasks, and those that need to be replaced or improved, to decide which ones are more susceptible to a migration to the cloud.
- Choice of AWS tools. AWS has more than 200 different tools, so it is necessary to delve into those that are really necessary for the company, in order to make the right decision. For example, blockchain services might not be of interest to you, but data hosting and analytics tools might be.
- Quizzes and tests. Before performing the migration, it is interesting to try some of the Amazon Web Services tools.
- Inform and train staff. A cloud migration is a complex process that significantly changes the company's habits, routines and tasks, so it is necessary to involve the staff in this change process. The Codster team is there to support you in this process.
How to successfully migrate on AWS
For make a successful cloud migration through AWS the participation of a certified architect on the platform is required. In this way, all change processes can be optimized and the migration carried out correctly without negatively affecting business activity.
Amazon is one of the best existing alternatives when contracting the services of a Cloud provider. To make the right decision to migrate to the cloud, it's best to run a query that involves AWS vs. Azure vs. googlecloud, to decide which of the three major cloud service providers is best suited to the needs and demands of the project or company. Having Ilimit as a partner in IT services can help you migrate to AWS in the easiest way and without errors.
Also, if you choose to implement AWS Lambda from Amazon Web Services, you can get some of the great benefits that it has is that you don't have to learn any new languages, tools, or frameworks. You can use any third party library, even native ones. You can also package any code (frameworks, SDKs, libraries, etc.) as a Lambda layer, and easily manage and share it across multiple functions. Lambda natively supports Java, Go, PowerShell, Node.js, C#, Python, and Ruby code, and provides a runtime API that allows you to use any additional programming language to create your functions.
You can use AWS Lambda to create new backend application services triggered on demand using the Lambda application program interface (API) or custom API endpoints created using Amazon API Gateway. Lambda processes custom events instead of serving them on the client side, which helps you avoid client platform variations, reduce battery consumption, and enable easier updates.
In Codster we are specialists in helping companies implement their digital products with first-rate innovation. Furthermore, we are AWS Certified Partners. After a consultation in which we will explain what services Amazon Web Services offers and which ones your business needs, we help you throughout the service implementation process.
Please note that AWS Partner Network is a partner program that allows technology and consulting organizations offer solutions based on Amazon Web Services, which help their clients implement Cloud Computing applications for companies of the highest level.